I honestly cannot remember when I first heard the phrase, “The tomb is the womb of the resurrection!” However, the thought never grows old with me! JESUS IS ALIVE!
When death has won
and ALL hope is gone…
When impossibilities loom large
and odds are so slim they cannot be measured…
When the dullest day lengthens
into the blackest night
As if resurrection isn’t enough in itself; follow it on the heals of Friday and the contrast sets hearts to soar and feet to dance. Who would have imaged? Who could have comprehended?
Though Jesus foretold his death and resurrection many times, even those closest to Him did not grasp the truth until it happened. That’s where we join hands with the followers of biblical times. It is often in the looking back that everything becomes clear.
“He appeared in the flesh,
was vindicated by the Spirit,
… seen by angels,
… preached among the nations,
… believed on in the world,
… taken up in glory.”
I Timothy 3:16
Who is unchanged when touched by the resurrection? The final hold out, death, has been defeated! The enemy of all has been brought down!
The resurrection shouts, “Jesus is the Son of God! He has dominion over all! Because He won, we win!” Yes, it is shouting time., “He is ALIVE!”
“Death has been swallowed up by victory!”
I Corinthians 15:54
So, what is the “tomb” you are facing? What has drained you of all hope and shut the light far from view? It’s alright – name it:
abuse, bankruptcy, cancer,
depression, extreme fatigue,
great hostility, injustice, jealousy…
the list is longer than the alphabet!
The Name of Jesus is higher than any other name! Why? Because of the death and resurrection! His life was powerful, His death greater still, but His resurrection is the crowning glory!
“I want to see Jesus get the glory for all He paid for on the cross.”
From the Tomb – Resurrection! Jesus is Alive!
In my little life I have witnessed the resurrection power of Christ in a many ways:
- migraines disappear never to return
- cancer removed
- legs grow out
- deaf ears opened
- bell’s palsy instantly healed
- allergies gone
- ovarian cysts removed
- one young woman experiencing numbness in her face and ringing in the ears after being hit by a baseball bat 3 years prior completely healed
- one man had constant back pain for 12 years following an accident – pain instantly and completely gone
- one woman who had several vertebrae in her spine fused together with medical rods now could bend and move with freedom – a man with rods in his foot and couldn’t walk normally or run at all instantly began to walk with a smooth gate and run around the parking lot
- a teenage who slid headlong into the boards while playing hockey compressed his entire spine and was in constant excruciating pain, then immediately pain free
- more than one couple restored after going through separation and divorce
All these and more are an answer to prayer! The list is far shorter than what I could tell! There is no end to what Jesus can and will do! Though all prayer is not answered the way I hope, I believe for the resurrection power to bring Jesus the glory He paid for and deserves.
We pay God great honour by asking large. Let us not ask small!
It is time to celebrate, “Jesus is alive!” Death can not defeat him; the grave can not hold him. Jesus is alive and active even today!
Lord we welcome you!
We know You are here already,
reveal your goodness
your power and glory in our day!
Show your love and favour
to those who need your light and
your life to filter into their
difficult and hopeless situations.
May the power of your resurrection invade
breathing the possible into our impossibilities.
We celebrate your life!
We proclaim your victory!